Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

**Blogger wouldn't upload my photos last night so this is a little late.  Ugh**

My mom has made chili on Halloween for as long as I can remember.  I love that tradition so I think I've made it every year I've bee at school--this is my 3rd Halloween...crazy!  This year I made it for Greg and my roommates the night before Halloween.  

We ate it in these darling orange, pumpkin shaped (not flavored, Ali!) bread bowls I got at Great Harvest.  Aren't they the cutest thing ever?

Then we went to Greg's apartment to carve our pumpkin.  I love this picture but the lighting is weird....oh well!

This was harder than it looked!

Partway through we got sick of it and just turned to the other side and put in a classic pumpkin face--triangle eyes, nose, and a jagged tooth smile.
Last night we ate Chinese food (I think that should be a new tradition just because it was funny!) and watched a scary movie (our last one for awhile....yay!!!)  and then we made pumpkin shaped sugar cookies again.  It was fun!!

7 comments:

kaylenmargaret said...

It looks like you had a great time! Happy Halloween! : )

Julie said...

Looks like it posted last night. Weird. You look like you had fun. Poor Greg....he isn't used to having his picture taken so much is he! Tell him to get used to it! haha!

Grandma Joan said...

Very cute pictures...Looks like you are setting your own traditions..Looks like Greg is still a good sport! Can't wait for you all to come!!!

The Evans Family said...

Wish you would have been here! It looks like you had enough fun without us though!

Kristi

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ali....everyone seemed to pass over the little comment, but I want to know the inside joke!! So what is up with the pumpkin bread bowls?

Uncle Rog

Ali and Ty said...

Haha on facebook she had these pictures and I thought they were pumpkin flavored bowls...and that would be grosssss with chili!!!! and i let her know that haha

thanks for clarifying jenni :)

Anonymous said...

Jenni those bowls are so cute!
It looks like you had a good Halloween.