Somebody is trying to out do me!! Today when I was walking to my car after class and work I found 30 beautiful roses and the sweetest card I've ever read waiting for me on the front seat of my car. I opened the card and it was one of the singing ones! I have always wanted one of those. When I was in middle school I saw my first singing card. My dad gave it to my mom, I think for Valentine's day. It had Hershey's kisses on the front and it said "How sweet it is...." and on the inside it said, "To be loved by you" and it played that song. I remember thinking it was the most romantic thing ever. I saved it in my drawer for a really, really long time. Anyway, I told Greg once that I thought they were so cute and he also knows how much I love Celine Dion and how bad I want to see her in concert. I opened the card and it started singing Celine Dion's Falling Into You song. So I am standing in the parking lot at school (he has a key to my car and he must have driven around campus till he found my car!) half sitting in my car and half standing in the snow, holding these flowers, reading the card, and just bawling. Some girl walked up to me and she started to ask if I was okay and then saw the flowers and said, "Ohhh you're more than okay! This is a good cry!" It was funny. It was the very best end to my day! I went to Walmart and bought 3 vases for my flowers and now I have pretty roses all over my room. I LOVE THIS!!!
I am such a romantic but I've never had the chance to actually BE one before now. Once in 6th grade I left myself a chocolate rose on my desk early in the morning before school and let everyone think it was from a boy. I was pathetic and love sick, I know. Greg wrote in my card, "I hope this makes up for all those times you had to buy yourself a chocolate rose!" IT DID!! And he was well worth the wait if I do say so myself! :)
All my pretty flowers lined up on my nightstand

My roses plus the card

All the flowers match, these ones tie the other 2 together. So pretty!

I don't know why but these look like a completely different color in pictures than in real life! They are really closer to the pinky redish orangy color of the top ones.

My personal favorite. I love anything pink!!

4 comments:
This is so sweet, it made me teary-eyed just reading it.
Glad to see that you remember how romantic I am. I think mom has long forgotten that card.
Dad
It made me teary thinking how pathetic you were! Didn't you have Mattie C. as a boyfriend in 6th grade? Boys weren't good enough for you back then. I think this new one is......good job Greg!
You are one lucky girl!!!
Post a Comment