Monday, February 9, 2009

Day Two!

Greg's favorite thing is cherry pie. He always eats the ones at McDonald's that you get 2 for a dollar. I think it's yucky though! So today I decided I was going to make him a heart shaped cherry pie--and hoped it would be better than McDonalds! For the last 2 weeks every time I go to Walmart I see these heart shaped baking pans and I always say, "Awww cute I want one!" but I've never bought one! I was so excited to buy one today.....but they were all out!! Seriously every store in Rexburg and even Target in Idaho Falls was out of heart shaped baking pans. I sorta freaked at first but then I decided I could use a heart shape cookie cutter to decorate the top of the crust. I think it turned out really cute and he liked it! I also made dinner--pot roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, and rolls. It was delicious! Thanks mom for all of your "technical support" in the kitchen today!!


The pie before baking it--I was worried the hearts wouldn't keep their shape so I wanted proof it looked cute!
Surprisingly they stayed pretty nicely!  The pie after baking......
The only bad thing was that I burned my arm when I was fixing the foil around the edge in the oven.  After dinner Greg took me home and got out his big EMT medical kit and put some stuff on my burn and taught me how to take care of it tomorrow.  I love that he knows all of that medical stuff.  He's so sweet!!
Stay tuned for tomorrow!!  I have to go all the way to Idaho Falls for this one!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bah! i burned my arm like that over the summer. apparently i don't know how to iron clothes. i hope it feels better soon!
love, emmy

Ryan and Brittany said...

Oh no you still never found the pan.. what a bummer. But you know what it looks way cuter than a heart shaped pan! Sorry about the arm... that looks so painful.
P.S- You are making the rest of us look really bad :)

Moon Fogg said...

HAHAHA!! Oh Jenn. you are so lucky I'm not there. haha.

LC said...

Jenn you are so cute!! i love the pie!!

Julie said...

I am so proud.....although those dang burns are the reason I stay out of the kitchen! Haha! Greg is one lucky guy. Your pie looks fabulous! I think better than in a heart shaped pan. This is much more original!

Ashley said...

Way to go! I am so impressed that you made him a pie! he is one lucky guy!!!