Monday, December 8, 2008

World's Lamest Movie....


K don't yell at me if you loved it!!
My roommate McKenzie, our friend Brittney, and I and Kenzie's sisters and their friends all went to the midnight showing of Twilight in Idaho Falls.  We started out pretty excited....
We had some fun taking pictures while we waited an hour and a half for the show to start.....
We were going for Seductive....I think I missed the memo!
Kenzie and I before the show starts.  Greg asked if I was going for the Vampire look...I'm not sure if he knew the Vampires in the book are hott or not so I'm not sure if its a compliment!  
More pre-movie boredom....
This was our "Swooning for Edward" picture.  Um....not so much....
I love it when this girl smiles!
And this is our "What the heck was that movie about/I am so insanely disappointed" picture.
I know that TONS of people are literally OBSESSED with this movie and are going over and over again.  And in complete honesty, I wish I was one of you.  I wanted to fall in love with this movie so, so badly.  I didn't even have huge, high expectations.  I KNEW it wouldn't be as good as the book and I KNEW the characters wouldn't be how I imagined them but  I was okay with that.  But seriously, that was the best they could do?  Edward looked like he was more upset with than in love with Bella, and don't even get me started on that freak with the twitch.  Can the be a lamer heroine for girls to admire?  She doesn't even DO anything!  And what the heck was up with the insanely ethnic population of Forks High?  I'm not racist but really?  It's small town Washington.  Those kids are white!  Why was there absolutely no character development at all?  Alice is a fabulous character and she hardly got any screen time at all.  Even parts I loved in the book seemed cheesy, immature, and just plain awkward when it was said out loud.  Honestly, I would rather have my real life romance any day. And it is no where near perfect.  Greg isn't a total cheese ball and there are days when he doesn't dazzle me and days when he would probably suck my blood if he could.  But the days where he does dazzle me far outnumber the ones where he doesn't.  And its far better because its REAL.   And its not supposed to be perfect and I am okay with that. And this coming from the queen of cheesy, sappy love stories, movies, and books.  Who ever thought I'd say this?  
Sorry Edward, but I choose Greg any day, no question!

6 comments:

Moon Fogg said...

UGH. AMEN.

Though now that I think about it... it may have been worth it because we did get a lot of beautiful pictures... and I even smiled in a few. lucky lucky you.

kaylenmargaret said...

Jenni I have to completely agree with you! I was so disappointed with the movie! Sad day it didn't turn out as well as it should have!

Kara said...

Greg's comment was definitely a compliment cause you do look hot in those pictures hehe! I love the blonde hair and your makeup looks so pretty!

courtnie briana said...

I completely agree...it was super disappointing!

Julie said...

Will you go see it with me next week?? I still haven't seen it and maybe you will like it better the 2nd time!

Shannon Skalla said...

You're a sweetie Jenn!!! Sounds like you found your Edward!!!