I LOVE blog stalking. It has become my new favorite hobby and time waster. It is better than facebook, im-ing, and even reading Dear Abby's. Actually, I haven't even read Abby's column since I started blog stalking. There are so many amazing, wonderful, heartbreaking, faithful, inspiring blogs out there. It is wonderful to see that even though some scary, crazy, bad things are happening in the world, there are still normal people out there living life. Despite their own struggles and trials people still find ways to help one another. I find it very comforting. All of the blogs that I read are written by mothers who inspire me to be a better woman and to have more faith. Several of them are dealing with major trials--the death of a child, a terrible accident--yet they have so much faith and determination. It absolutely amazes me the things I have been reading. I am usually in tears over a blog at least once a day.
Here are a few of my favorites:
the r house
This one is definately my very favorite. I read it religiously. Sometimes several times a day. Mrs. R is an amazing woman and I love the passion she has for adoption. The stories of her 2 adopted boys are amazing and she constantly brings tears to my eyes. If I am ever not able to have children of my own (heaven forbid) I hope I have half the impact that this woman has had on the adoption world, her children, and their birthmothers. If you or anyone you know is struggling with infertility, looking to adopt, or looking to place a baby for adoption, this is the place to go!
MckMamma
WOW! If anyone ever said there are no modern miracles they have not read this blog. After finding out that her unborn child, nicknamed MckMuffin, had a heart defect he would not survive, MckMamma and her husband, Prince Charming, turned his life over to God. She asked blog readers to think of their family and pray for baby Stellan. She writes of their faith and struggles, and triumphs. Most recently, late last month, baby Stellan was born absolutely healthy and perfect, no hear problems whatsoever. It is beautiful.

Angie Smith
Angie is a devout Christian mother of 4 beautiful girls. She recently lost her 4th daughter, Audrey Caroline, shortly after her birth. Angie writes of her family's experiences and faith and she inspires others to open up, share their faith in God, and pray for one another. A recent post that left me in tears was a request for women who had lost babies to leave a comment describing whatever details they felt comfortable with and a promise that she would pray for them. She then asked these women and other readers to pray for one another. The response absolutely amazed me. I had chills.
Mrs. Dub
Um can you say hilarious? Mrs. Dub is probably one of the world's funniest women and I get a kick out her blog each time I read it. So great!
C Jane
Courtney's sister, Stephanie, and her husband were badly injured in a plane crash in Arizona several months ago. Courtney is currently caring for her own children and newborn as well as several of her sister and brother in law's children. Stephanie is still in the hospital burn unit and is getting skin grafts and tons of other stuff to help her recover. Courtney has turned her blog into a journal to record Stephanie's journey as well as her own life.
Nie-Nie
This is Stephanie's blog.
I'm adding another one that I couldn't find this afternoon:
Baby Mac
This young couple lost their perfect, darling baby boy due to an umbilical cord accident shortly before his birth just 4 months ago. Someone put together this blog as a way to remember their baby. It is beautiful. It will make you bawl your eyes out. I just don't know how she does it. As I Lay Me Down To Sleep did the photography which is incredible. What a wonderful service and precious keepsake they are providing to families like this one. I can't think of anything better than that!
http://babymckallister.blogspot.com/
http://babymckallister.blogspot.com/
PS: Mom, I came across the one you asked about once but I don't remember where or how. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it!





6 comments:
Jenni
I'm not sure if you remember me but...I just wanted to tell you I think you are an amazing young woman and are an ispiration to many...so you should add your blog to those who are inspiring as well! Blog on Jenni and continue to be the amazing, wonderful, faithful person you are!
Jill Brezack (from Omaha)
Hey Jenn....did you ever go on to a blog where they had just lost a baby in an accidental drowning? It was such a great blog, uplifting and really inspirational for those dealing with the worst kind of losses. I can't remember where I found it and I want to check back.
That post above was so nice of Jill.....you are amazing and I am not even prejudice! I am sure you remember her!
we read all the same blogs!! i love the mckmiracle story so much. I cried when I read that Stellan's heart was perfect and he was whole again... What a happy day and such miracle! It gives me so much hope!
Jenni! You are so funny, I love it and loved checking out those other blogs. Very inspirational!
P.S. I love the Turkey background! So cute
http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/
I am blog stalking you. This is Siovhan's mom. Anyway, I love some of the same blogs that you included in your blog. I love to see how others face challenges and how they triumph. It gives me courage and inspiration.
Happy Birthday!
Melanie
Post a Comment