In case you haven't heard yet......Greg and I are having a baby!! We are so excited (and nervous) to welcome a baby girl into our family in December!! After over a year trying for a baby and two miscarriages I feel especially blessed to have this baby girl and I am so grateful for the healthy pregnancy I have had. It has really been an enjoyable experience for me!
I took a positive pregnancy test on April 1st, just a few days after the due date of the first baby we lost at 12 weeks. It was a welcome surprise!!
I saw my doctor right away (like 2 days after that positive test) and they were so great, especially during my first trimester when we were anxious and nervous. They put me on progesterone right away which made me feel good to feel like there was something I was doing to keep this baby in there.
We sent a cute little Easter basket to our parents to let them know the good news. Greg's parents got theirs first and were so thrilled! My parents decided to go to St George the day before the package was supposed to get to them! So I had to wait all week long for them to come home and open it. Ryan got to be in on our secret first since he was home when the package came and wanted to open it. Once my parents finally got home it practically took them all night to open it! Ryan had left it right on the kitchen counter right where they could see it but they went out running errands after they got home.
I thought for sure the pink and blue eggs would be a dead give away but my mom called me in tears and said she didn't get it until she opened the egg that said "promoted" inside. That's the same thing Greg's parents said, too. It was fun to surprise them!
I have been very lucky and didn't get very sick at all. Anything that smelled bad would make my stomach churn and sometimes I would gag. But brushing my teeth made me gag almost every morning, it was the worst! I only threw up a few times, twice while brushing my teeth and once while doing stinky dishes. I was lucky!!
We had our first ultrasound at 6 and a half weeks and got to see a sac and a tiny little heart beat beating away at 124 beats per minute. It was such a relief!!
The second ultrasound was at 8 weeks 4 days and this time baby's little heart was beating at 184 beats per minute and the baby was measuring right on schedule--even a day ahead! Seeing and hearing the heartbeat made Greg and I feel SO much better about everything.
In June we had another ultrasound when I was just over 13 weeks pregnant--the longest I had even been pregnant. Everything was great! Here is a little video Greg took.






1 comments:
I didn't know you had TWO miscarriages! You are so strong Jenn! I'm so happy for you and Greg! You deserve it that's for sure! You are going to be an awesome mommy! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl! She will be adorable I'm sure :)
Post a Comment