Thursday, February 17, 2011

What I've Been Up To....

My fun, new (expensive!) hobby has been making cards.  I have really loved being a little creative and sending and giving my cards to people I love.  I gave a set of cards to Greg's mom Lisa as well as all 3 of our grandma's for Christmas. It was a fun gift to give....and to receive I hope! My mom gave me a bunch of craft supplies she had from her Creative Memories days to get me started.  And now I am addicted!  I just sent her a set of cards too.

I have been going to a Stampin Up club once a month and I get to learn new techniques, get ideas, and buy new stuff.  It has been a TON of fun and I have learned a lot and bought all kinds of fun stuff.  And now I need a craft room....

I thought I'd share the cards I have made so far....
(I tried to put them in a Picnik collage but it didn't work out so well.  So you get them one-by-one!)

BIRTHDAY CARDS
 This one says "There is something fabulous about your birthday...must be you!" on the inside






My attempt at a "masculine" card for my brother-in-law, Adam

 BLANK INSIDE
(Brian Regan anyone???)


 THANK YOU CARDS


 I have also made this one as a blank card and a birthday card for my sister-in-law, Emily



 The only Christmas card I made this year (because I didn't have any Christmasy supplies) for my parents

 VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS

 Ali gave this one to Tyler
I gave this to the girls I visit teach
 And Greg got this one!
This is called a waterfall card.  I just learned how to make it and they are so cool!  I have seen cards like these used for baby and wedding announcements (with pictures on each layer) and shower and party invitations.  I really want to make more! 
Watch it what it does.......
(apparently I can't keep the paper straight when I pull it but that is what it is supposed to do!)

8 comments:

Pancake said...

those are AWESOME! You should sell them! PS Have fun with your mom!

kaylenmargaret said...

Jenn these are way cute and I'm not going to lie, I am extremely jealous of your talent! : )

Ryan and Brittany said...

you are so talented! you could get rich off of these :)

Julie said...

See Jenn, you can sell these! Start taking orders from your friends!!!

Gary and Natalie Pratt said...

So cute, Jenn! You're right, we need to be friends. This is what I would spend all my time doing if I could. :)

Stacie said...

Well look at you, I love them all. That last one is so neat, I've never seen one like that before. Love you.

Whitney said...

Holy hannah montana! You've been blogging like crazy lately! Hahah! I love your cards, they were even cuter when you showed them to me in person! And Awkward and Awesome Thursdays make me really jealous that I don't have a blog! Maybe I'll just email you mine every week. That would make me feel better. Oh and I saw your comment to Sydney and I'm so happy that you told her about me! Now she knows who I am! Hahaha! We are all going to become best friends when we go to her party. She's gonna love us.

Amanda said...

jenni,

you could totally sell those on etsy! i'm sure people would buy them. :)

amanda