Oh how I love the church's Especially For Youth program. I got to go for a week for 4 summers when I was in high school and it really did make a huge difference in my life. EFY was the best week of the summer! I had the best experience as a counselor two weeks ago. I had fabulous girls and we had a great time together. It was really neat to be on the other end of the spectrum and be able to help and watch these kids build their testimonies. I loved being a part of their EFY experience and watching the Spirit change them.
This is me being silly when my kids were making fun of my too big counselor shirt--I got one late and it was a Large when I really needed a small!! But I still liked getting to wear the counselor shirts and having a nametag!

These are my darling girls! In the back, Malia, MJ, me, and Kelsey. And the middle, Jenny, Ashly, and Brittany, and then Kirstie and Rissa in the front.
These girls were absolutely amazing. On Monday I was a little worried about how we would all get along but by Friday I felt that we were all so close. I had some really great experiences with them. I just love them all so much!

The whole group. I won't list names but I love them all!!

This is James and I. He was one of my favorite boys in our group. He was just such a great kid and so nice and polite. He always wore my sunglasses so this is our James Bond/Charlie's Angels pose!

Just for kicks....this is me and the awesome boys in my group my last year of EFY--July of 2005. (Actually it was 3 years to the day that I got to go back an be a counselor!) Oh how I love EFY boys! They are the best! I had totally forgotten how fun it was to be around tons of Mormons who just want to meet people and have fun. They aren't scared to use cheesy pick up lines or anything!! This makes me feel really old but I wish that we would have had things like Facebook and text messaging when I was in EFY. (Thats right, we didn't!!!) If we did I am pretty sure I would know where most of these guys (and other people I got to know at EFY) are and what they are doing. I really only keep in touch with 2 or 3 people from all 4 years of EFY. I hope the kids in my group use Facebook and texting to stay in touch, stay friends, and help each other build their testimonies and keep them strong like they did during the week.


1 comments:
I have always wanted to be an EFY counselor!!!!! That is soooo awesome that you got to do it! I LOVE EFY!!!!!
Post a Comment