Friday, April 4, 2008

And The Oscar Goes To.....

Miss Jenni and Miss Laura!!  
Each semester the preschool give out two awards to Lead Teachers or Supervisors.  One is voted for by all of the preschool teachers for best all around Professional Preschool Education major.  My friend Laura won that one.  The other one is given by the Special Services Personel, Becky and Koloah, who help us and teach us to work with the children in our classes who have special needs.  And this semester they picked me!  I was excited about it!  We each got certificates and they are going to put our names on plaques outside the preschool classrooms in the Clarke.  Laura got a gift certificate to Walmart and I got a really cute statue thing of a little girl who has Downs Syndrome.  It is cool because it will always remind me of my first experiences as a teacher and the children and teachers I got to work with. Everyone who has completed the PPE Program also gets a pin that they can wear on their graduation robes. Molly, Laura, and I have been working hard for those pins!! LOL Anyway, here are some pictures....

Laura and I in front of the plaques where our names will be


My certificate...its officially called "The Inclusion Award"
My darling statue
The coveted PPE Pin!
My artistic picture of it all :)

3 comments:

The Gould Family said...

Congratulations!!! Laura told me tonight that you got that award! How wonderful!! And what a beautiful statue!

Julie said...

I am very proud of you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Jenn you are awesome. We are looking forward to coming up for graduation...Congratulations!! We love you and we are very proud....

Grama & PaPa Doc