Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That's What You Get For Waking Up In Vegas....

I couldn't resist the title of this post. I think about that song and laugh at least once a day. Right before the wedding Greg and I were at my grandparents house and my 5 year old cousin Asey started singing, "Shut up and put your money where your mouth is, that's what you get for waking up in Vegas". I almost died laughing! At the time I didn't even know it was a Katy Perry song but it was so hilarious for her to be singing that, and that was the only line she knew. Greg and I sang it several times a day while we were in Vegas thinking of sweet little Asey. :) *Just a disclaimer on the title of this post!*

The next stop for our honeymoon, after going to Denver for our reception, was Tahiti Village Resort in Las Vegas. It was really pretty and the weather was great! The resort was a little too crowded and we decided that we aren't really Vegas people. We had fun and got to do and see some cool things but we can't imagine anyone wanting to come here over and over, much less buy a timeshare here!
We spent a day on the strip and the other two days just hanging out at the pool and our hotel. We also got together with a good friend of Greg's and his wife twice so that was really fun.
This is the view of the lazy river from the top of the hotel. We rented tubes one afternoon and floated around in circles. It was really fun and pretty relaxing when we got a little break from the kids running around! There was also a HUGE pool that was fun too.

At the top of the hotel, the strip is in the background.

New York New York
We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe...such a fun place!

We also did the "Float Challenge" or something at the Coke store. Basically they gave us all these little mini floats to try. We actually really liked the Fanta fruit sodas with the ice cream. Squirt...not so much. And diet coke is better without ice cream....who knew?
And yes, we did do a little gambling. Grama Joan sent us to Vegas with a giant stack of 1 dollar bills....you can only play nickel knocker so many times and we got to keep that money no matter who won! The slots were different though, and really not as fun. I think the most we won at one time was like two bucks. But we did only play the nickel and penny slots. Oh and the quarter slots once just so we could pull the lever instead of push the button. It really looks a lot cooler than it actually is.

My favorite part was when we did the gondola ride down the little river inside the Venetian hotel. This is something I've wanted to do since I saw them do it on the Bachelor when I was in high school. It was so much fun! Our little gondola man had us kiss under all the bridges for good luck and sang love songs part of the time. We were so glad we did it!
Greg also got a little taste of Paris....



4 comments:

The Gould Family said...

Sounds like a great honeymoon! You look beautiful in all the pictures!

Julie said...

I am guessing your resort was crowded because it was the one place you couldn't' gamble! Makes it a family MECCA in Vegas! Oh well, I am glad you had fun AND realized you are not Vegas people. The idea was just to spend time together.....I didn't know you met up with Greg's friends!

Kara said...

So happy you finally updated your blog. Mine is another story, but I don't have an exciting life like you do! Also, I have this psycho professor that goes to Vegas at least once a month and apparently its his 4 year old son's favorite place. But like I said, he's crazy!!! Miss ya

Anonymous said...

ha jenni i am SO shocked you aren't vegas people :) in all fairness, the slots really are pretty disappointing. but i'm glad you guys had a good time - it looked like a fun trip!

emmy (not emily)